Treat yourself to a decadent yet healthy breakfast cupcake with whole-grain muesli, chocolate chips, cinnamon and dates.
Serving size: 1 cupcake (80 grams)
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 40 seconds
- 3 tablespoons extra-fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 finely chopped Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon (3 milliliters) vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons unsalted pumpkin seeds
Combine almond flour, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Add egg, dates and vanilla to flour mixture and blend with an immersion blender until all ingredients are combined and dates are chopped into smaller pieces. Add oats, chocolate chips, walnuts and pumpkin seeds and stir well to combine. Spoon batter equally into 2 microwave-safe silicone muffin cups and cook in microwave on high for 40 seconds each.
Nutrition Per Serving:
CALORIES 286; TOTAL FAT 16g; SAT. FAT 4g; CHOL. 83mg; SODIUM 230mg; CARB. 30g; FIBER 5g; SUGARS 16g; PROTEIN 9g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition information for potassium and phosphorus in almond flour not available.