1/4 cup dried unsweetened toasted coconut (optional)
1 pint strawberries, pitted
1 cup blueberries
4 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
2 teaspoons dark cocoa powder
2 teaspoons honey
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes before grilling.
- Wash and cut all fruit into roughly 1-inch pieces and add it to skewers.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients along with 2 tablespoons of the toasted coconut in another small bowl and set aside.
- Adjust grill to medium-high heat and brush lightly with butter. Layer skewers onto the grill, brushing all sides with the marinade. Turn gently after fruit is seared and lightly cooked, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle kabobs with remaining toasted coconut and serve with dipping sauce.
Serves 15 (Serving size : 1 kabob and 1 tablespoon sauce)
Calories 116; Total fat 1g; Sat. fat 0g; Chol . 1mg; Sodium 8mg; Carb . 28g; Fiber 3g; Sugars 20g; Protein 3g; Potassium 342mg; Phosphorous 49mg