Platform and Price
Free: Apple Android
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Fitness Buddy Free is a mobile fitness journal that provides animated strength training exercise tutorials and tailored workouts.
- 5 workouts and 300 different exercises included in this (free) version.
- Create up to 2 custom workouts.
- Animated exercise tutorials are alphabetized and categorized in the exercise library.
- Select exercises by muscle using the detailed body map provided.
- Log exercise and workout history using the calendar log function.
- Track workout history over 7 to 90 days.
- Share workouts with friends using the sound transfer technology SonicastTM.
- Upgrade to the pro version to create unlimited custom workouts, access weight and other trackers and over 75 pre-built workouts covering 1700+ exercises.
- Basic, somewhat unappealing graphic design.
- Free version excludes access to the weight, blood pressure and other body metrics trackers.
- Major focus on strength training. Including cardio exercises would make the app more well-rounded.
- No reminders available.
- Advertisements appear on the main pages of the app.
Though it's a good starter, Fitness Buddy Free leaves much to be desired. True fitness buffs will benefit from the pro version. The app is worth a download for a preview of what the pro version has to offer.