2 pounds 98-percent fat-free ground chicken
1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger (or ginger paste)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Olive oil spray
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1⁄3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger, dried
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray 2 large 9×11-inch Pyrex pans with olive oil.
- To make the meatballs, combine the ground chicken, egg, ground ginger, garlic powder and ground pepper in a large mixing bowl. Evenly mix the ingredients together. Create 30 meatballs each the size of a table tennis ball.
- Place meatballs in the pans, spacing them evenly. Cover the pans with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until meatballs are slightly browned and have an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients in the slow cooker. Add the cooked meatballs and coat evenly with sauce. Cover and cook on high for 1 to 1½ hours until meatballs are fully glazed.
- Serve meatballs as an appetizer on their own, or serve on a whole wheat hoagie roll.
Serves 15 (Serving size: 2 meatballs)
Calories 110; Total fat 2g; Sat. fat 1g; Chol . 46mg; Sodium 493mg; Carb . 9g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 8g; Protein 14g; Potassium 263mg; Phosphorous 123mg