Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android
5 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
This app promises to turn visits to your favorite food and drink spots into mini movies. Tastemade was created with one goal in mind: "to connect the world through food."
- Attractive and intuitive design.
- Discover a variety of new food options through episodes uploaded by tastemakers from all corners of the world.
- Videos are short (about 1 minute) and appear professionally produced.
- Professional looking filters, fonts and fun and funky soundtrack options.
- Seamless video play.
- Foolproof tutorial guides newbies through creating the first episode in 5 easy steps. It's really easy!
- Get tips on sound quality and lighting, creatively shooting montage clips and how to talk to restaurant managers and staff.
- Discover new episodes based on location or what's popular or featured.
- Follow your favorite tastemakers to fill your feed with episodes you'll enjoy.
- Like and comment on your favorite episodes.
- Easily share episodes via Facebook, twitter, email and text.
- Embed episodes to a blog or newsletter or save to your camera roll.
- Watch videos without registering or signing in.
- No advertisements.
- The high quality upload is slow – taking 5 minutes or more to save an episode.
- Limited by the fonts and soundtracks provided- so the videos start to look and sound alike with continued use.
- Tip page is not well formatted for the app, making it a bit awkward to view.
Tastemade delivers on its promise to produce bite sized videos that entertain, educate and connect the world. It is a fun, easy-to-use app that makes creating professional looking videos a snap. Tastemade is a winner!