Whole-Grain Linguini with Cranberries and Gorgonzola
The sweet notes of dried cranberries mesh perfectly with the saltiness of Gorgonzola cheese and the crunchiness of pistachios in this whole-grain pasta dish.
- ½ pound whole-grain linguini pasta (or other long pasta)
- 2 tablespoons, plus ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional garnishes: chopped basil or parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Once boiling, add 2 tablespoons of salt and linguini to the water. Stir and cook the pasta until al dente (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- While pasta cooks, toast the pistachios in a small saucepan over low heat until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter; add the Gorgonzola cheese and stir. Once cheese is melted, add cream and cranberries. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and a few pinches of pepper. Let the sauce cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large serving dish. Add the sauce and toss to mix. Serve with the reserved pistachios and, if using, chopped basil or parsley. Serves 3.
Serving size: 1⅓ cups
Calories: 552; Total fat: 21g; Saturated fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Sodium: 723mg; Carbohydrates: 77g; Fiber: 13g; Sugars: 17g; Protein: 22g; Potassium: N/A; Phosphorus: N/A