Synopsis of the App
Lifesum is ideal for anyone who wants a food and fitness tracker — plus a little extra motivation. With a clean, user-friendly design, the app offers tracking tools, recipes and inspiring tips to help lose weight, gain muscle mass or eat better. Social media integration allows users to connect with friends to challenge, motivate and inspire each other. Note that some nutrient data included is not accurate; stick to data verified by the app (indicated by the Lifesum logo).
Platform and Price
Free: Apple and Android
4 out of 5
- Beautiful user-friendly design and a clean and cheerful aesthetic.
- Select from three simple plans to "Be Healthier," "Lose Weight," or "Gain Weight."
- Track meals and physical activity.
- Filter and track foods by what's popular in your country or recent or frequently added ones.
- Includes an A-E guide to food ratings. "A" being the best and "E" being high in calories, saturated fat, sugar or sodium.
- Includes limited recipes with complete nutrient analysis and food photos.
- Provides mealtime calorie level suggestions to fill out the day.
- Includes inspiring tips to encourage users to continue on a healthy path.
- Save favorite recipes, foods, meals and exercises in the app for quick recall.
- Use social media to connect with friends to challenge, motivate and inspire each other.
- Upgrade to Gold (starting at $47 per year) to get access to all recipes, meal recommendations, a wider variety of diets, easier exercise tracking (syncing with fitness apps and wearables), more extensive nutrition information and to incorporate custom body measurements.
- Some of the nutrient data is inaccurate. Users are best advised to stick with data verified by Lifesum (indicated by the logo).
- Significant features (including the complete recipe database) are only available in the premium version.
Lifesum is ideal for anyone needing a food and fitness tracker plus a little extra motivation. With a cheerful design and plenty of white space, Lifesum can hold its own compared to other trackers on the market.