Synopsis of the App
Think of Nom Live as a mash-up of Periscope, Instagram and YouTube. This food-focused live video network was designed for cooks, chefs and foodies to host their own cooking shows or tune in to watch others onscreen. Though the video image quality could be better, Nom Live's interactive features provide a unique opportunity to share content and engage with viewers. From a computer, tablet or smartphone, users can easily schedule upcoming shows, gain subscribers and build their online audience.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple only.
4 out of 5
- Post videos, share images or start a live show to share your story with Nom Live's global community.
- Access shows on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Quickly and easily start a "nomcast" from your smartphone with no other equipment required.
- Easily interact with viewers during the broadcast via comments and reactions.
- Create one or multiple show channels under your account and subscribe to your community favorites.
- Schedule upcoming shows, gain subscribers and build your audience.
- Scroll through your nom feed to discover live and scheduled nomcasts.
- Like and comment on images and posts from others in the community.
- Share posts and nomcasts via Twitter, Facebook and email.
- Get push notifications to tune in to your favorite broadcasts.
- Available on the Apple platform only at the time of this review.
- Video image quality varies and is not always clear.
- Cannot easily adjust or resize uploaded photos.
- No apparent way to edit posts or images once submitted.
- Hashtags are not searchable at present and web addresses are not hyperlinked.
- Noticed a few issues such as not being able to access the help center link online.
- Small viewing audience at present (though this could be a plus for now).
If you're already producing cooking content or simply enjoy consuming it, Nom Live is the perfect place to get more exposure and engage with others.