Synopsis of the App
Zipongo is an ideal meal-planning tool for healthy shoppers. Recipes come with appetizing, full-color photos and can be saved for easy recall or sharing with friends. Filter by dietary preferences, such as vegetarian, vegan or paleo, as well as allergies and food restrictions. Then, use the app to create shopping lists, save grocery store discounts and view suggested meals and recipes all in one place. Plus, users can visit the online blog to find food and nutrition tips written by registered dietitian nutritionists.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple and Android
5 out of 5
- User-friendly app with appetizing, full color photos.
- Filter recipes and grocery deals by diet preferences (vegetarian, vegan, paleo or pescetarian) and allergy and food restrictions including the major eight allergens, gluten, red meat, pork and poultry.
- Browse recipes in more than 50 categories including high-protein, budget-friendly, Asian cuisine and many more.
- Explore a variety of shareable recipes presented with beautiful photography from sources including Eating Well magazine.
- Save recipe ingredients to the mobile grocery list with one tap.
- Save favorite recipes for easy recall from the home screen or share them with friends.
- Add grocery deals to your grocery list with one tap – no coupon clipping required.
- Grocery store deals can be filtered by location and include major retailers such as Publix, Kroger, Target, ALDI or Whole Foods, as well as specialty stores such as H Mart.
- Grocery items section includes storage tips to increase the life of produce, nutrition information at a glance and suggested meals and recipes.
- Find out when grocery deals will expire before adding to your grocery list.
- Check the online blog for food and nutrition tips written by registered dietitians.
- The Zipongo app is available to anyone, but the company also offers a corporate product for use in worksite wellness programs.
- Although some nutrition information is included, the recipe nutrition information and icons don't include calories or a complete nutrient breakdown – which many healthy eaters may want.
Ideal for the healthy shopper in the house, Zipongo is worth downloading for the recipes and smart grocery list alone. The user-friendly design and wealth of information makes this app a keeper!