Synopsis of the App
Polarr is a feature rich photo editor that can completely transform smartphone photos to appear as if they were taken with a professional camera. The app includes over 30 free filters and a large number of enhancement tools to adjust everything from skin tone and smoothness to lens distortion and lighting. With many bells and whistles, Polarr comes with a steep learning curve so it’s best suited for those with photo editing experience or who have some extra time on their hands to learn it.
Platform and Price
Free + Premium option. Apple and Android.
5 out of 5
- Sleek, aesthetically pleasing, and user-friendly design.
- Includes more than 30 free filters with the option to purchase more.
- Every filter is fully editable.
- Create and save custom filters to favorites to apply a consistent aesthetic to photo galleries.
- Customize the toolbars and workspace for a space that works best for you.
- Adjust skin tone, smoothness and hue using the face tools.
- Use the text tools to freely add words to images. Select from a large number of font styles, shapes and sizes.
- Learn how to use each tool with tutorials on correcting lens distortion, adding deep space (to change the color and exposure of a night sky, for example) and clarifying to define outlines and add vividness to outdoor photos.
- Adjust fringing, pixilation, noise and size, clarity and sharpness and light details including exposure, contrast, brightness, diffusion and dehazing.
- Includes adjustments for color, toning, curves, hue, saturation over an number of different color channels.
- Unlock all pro tools for $19.
- There’s a steep learning curve – that’s absolutely worth the work.
It’s a keeper. Polarr is one of the most comprehensive photo editing apps with advanced features to help you easily get the look you want from smartphone pictures.