Synopsis of the App
Born from the eponymous blog, the Blender Girl Smoothies app is designed to guide you to your ideal smoothie blend in the kitchen.
Platform and Price
$1.99. Apple Only
4 out of 5
- Discover 100 smoothie recipes covering a variety of creative fruit and vegetable combinations.
- Set your dietary preferences for vegan, Paleo, gluten-, dairy-, egg-, nut- and soy-free to hone in on the smoothies that meet your needs.
- Easily choose a smoothie recipe to match your mood. Are you wired and stressed? Or up for anything? Or under the weather? Do you crave something salty and savory or clean and green? Do you need a boost of energy or to shed a few pounds? There’s a smoothie for it!
- Sort and view recipes in alphabetical order.
- Save favorites for easy recall.
- Track your personal tweaks using the notes feature on each recipe.
- Easily convert recipes to metric or imperial units of measure.
- Peruse useful "love your blender" tips such as soaking nuts to minimize stress on the machine and to help extend the life of your blender.
- Get the Blender Girl's tips for smooth, sweet and savory blends in the resource guide.
- All basic recipes include nutrition facts.
- Good food photography and fun and creative recipe titles.
- Attractive glossary of food terms and a useful FAQs section.
- Recipes are all 2 servings each, making it easy to scale up or down as needed.
- No log-in or Internet service is required to access features.
- The recipes often promise to deliver benefits such as detoxification, anti-inflammation, immunity boosting and alkalinity, yet no explanation or references are provided to support these claims. The claims may not be appropriate for all users or supported by current evidence-based science.
- No nutrient data adjustments provided for the optional smoothie boosters.
- Available on the Apple platform only.
Ideal for smoothie lovers out there, the Blender Girl Smoothies app is a convenient and fun way to discover new and creative smoothie recipes on the go.