Synopsis of the App
Gixo lets you take live fitness classes from wherever you are with real-time input and a connection to your coach and classmates.
Platform and Price
Subscription $24.99/month with 30-day free trial. Apple and Android.
5 out of 5
- User-friendly design that keeps the user engaged.
- Access a variety of classes (set to different music genres) like Total Core, Indoor Cardio, Circuit Training and Booty Work starting as early as 5 a.m. and as late as 11:30 p.m. ET.
- A live coach instructs and motivates you through group classes. The coach keeps you on track and accountable with emphatic comments like “you’re crushing your goal today” or “you’re almost there!”
- Monitor whether you are on- or off-goal with a green or red banner visible throughout the session.
- Coaches can see and track your speed, distance, elevation change, step count, location and weather conditions where you are.
- Option to shut off camera, microphone and coach and classmate calls and messages during class to stay anonymous or enjoy a workout without their input.
- Sync with Apple Health to automatically save workout data.
- Great music makes you feel like you are in the actual class.
- Message the instructor with questions or challenge classmates with preset messages like “let’s race” or “you got this” during class.
- Control the audio balance with a slider to better hear the coach or pump up the music.
- Includes a water break, warm up and cool down demonstrated by real people.
- New classes and sequences added periodically so you’ll feel like you’re getting a new workout.
- View course level, intensity and equipment requirements and the breakdown between cardio, mobility and strength in minutes before signing up.
- Sign up for classes a week or more ahead and get reminders and see who’s attending.
- First month is free after signing up for the cancel anytime subscription. Unlimited classes thereafter are $24.99 per month.
- Can’t sign up without sharing a valid mobile phone number.
- Though full name, email address and phone number and location are not visible to other users, it is available to the coaches.
- It’s a battery hog. Expect to use at least 18 percent battery power for a 30-minute class.
Newcomer Gixo mimics in-person classes like few others have. Privacy issues aside, Gixo is ideal for those who enjoy group classes but want them in a fun, convenient and affordable platform.