With the holidays upon us, Food & Nutrition’s recipe developers cooked up a beautiful spread of secretly nutritious snacks, sweets and mocktails that are sure to entertain guests! Find our other “Festive Fete” recipes here.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 to 7 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced canned low-sodium artichoke hearts
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Garlic White Bean Dip
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) lemon juice
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion and sauté until onion is tender and translucent, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach. Continue to sauté until spinach is wilted and artichokes are warm, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in bean dip and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted and dip is warm.
- Stir in lemon juice and turn off heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 98; TOTAL FAT 6g; SAT. FAT 1g; CHOL. 2mg; SODIUM 129mg; CARB. 9g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 4g; POTASSIUM 190mg; PHOSPHORUS 70mg