Platform and Price
Apple and Android, free
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Healthy Out helps diners find the best fit for food in their area based on their preselected nutrition preferences.
- Return specific menu items as well as restaurant listings based on set nutrition preferences.
- Filter results and nutrition preferences using a wide variety of options including a basic balanced diet, the china study, glucose control, gluten free, heart-healthy, lactose free, low calorie, low carb, low fat, low sodium, Mediterranean, vegan, vegetarian and other dietary restrictions.
- Option to exclude options like “fast food” from search results.
- Provides healthy modification suggestions such as “request dressing on the side” for salad selections.
- Save and share dishes with friends via social media.
- No advertisements
- Requires a sign-up or login via Facebook.
- Service area focuses on San Francisco, New York City and chain restaurants at present.
- Missing food photos to accompany many dishes.
- According to a company representative, suggestions are generated via algorithms. This that may not account for all dietary concerns.
With a focus on specific menu items, Healthy Out can make dining out healthfully a little easier. However, working with a registered dietitian nutritionist is the best place to start when trying to eat out with specific medical conditions and dietary concerns.