Platform and Price
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The Photo Recipe Step by Step app presents a collection of 60 Mediterranean recipes in full color photos with step by step instructions.
- Recipes use traditional ingredients such as squid and cuttlefish and a variety of meats and produce to create traditional recipes like Andalusian Gazpacho, Paella and Lamb Ribs with Honey and Rosemary.
- Includes a variety of appetizer, entrée and dessert options – most in the easy to very easy level of difficulty.
- Integrated shopping list and recipe timer.
- Offers some ingredient substitutes and alternatives, cooking tips, equivalence table, recipe tricks and a glossary of common cooking terms.
- Easily save and share favorite recipes
- Lacks a variety of vegetarian recipes.
- Some unfamiliar terms such as courgette (zucchini), aubergine (eggplant), “blind baking” and others are used throughout the app without definition.
- Script style font may be distracting for some readers.
- The app claims to offer healthy recipes but does not provide nutrition information.
- Notable grammatical and typographical errors throughout the app likely due to the translation from the original Spanish version.
- Some ingredients like squid ink will be difficult to obtain for the typical home cook.
Photo Recipe Step by Step is a visually appealing and fun way to learn to cook Mediterranean style dishes. With a few tweaks and the addition of more plant based recipes, this recipe app can be a winner for the more adventurous home cook.