Platform and Price
Subscription service with free trial: Apple & Android.
2 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Ideal Appetite is a meal planner that also includes options to track weight management progress, exercise and select nutrition intake.
- Easily input and recall breakfast, lunch and dinner meal plans for the month.
- Organize recipes, meals and grocery list.
- Browse over 200 recipes in the app.
- Add recipes to the meal planner and ingredients to grocery list in one click directly from the recipe view.
- Rate and review recipes.
- Upload and share personal recipes and food photos.
- Track body fat, hydration, weight and personal goals.
- Track visual body changes with a photo journal.
- Check off daily exercise, water intake and multivitamin, mineral and enzyme intake with one click.
- One week free trial (subscriptions available for 1-6 months at $2.99- $14.99)
- Although the app focuses on nutrition, the coaches behind the app have degrees in exercise science, occupational and physical therapy – none in nutrition.
- Recipes are categorized by phases for weight loss and health maintenance. However no details are provided to explain these phases.
- Recipes don’t include nutrition information.
- Occasional typos in the recipe instructions.
- Entering personal recipes is cumbersome.
- No apparent way to clip or add recipes from around the internet making it necessary to maintain an additional recipe database outside the app.
- Limited engagement from other users in the recipe ratings and comments.
Ideal Appetite is great at keeping menu plans organized however the other features of the app are underdeveloped and lack cohesion.