Platform and Price
Free: Apple, Android, Web
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Instacart is a relative newcomer to the growing online fresh grocery delivery market. The Instacart app provides access to this online grocery delivery service.
- Easy ordering process without advertisements or distractions.
- Order groceries when you need them from the convenience of a mobile device.
- Groceries can be delivered the same day in as little as an hour or scheduled for delivery several days ahead.
- Personal shoppers ensure the best food selection from local stores that include popular supermarket chains, natural foods stores and big box retailers.
- Grocery options include a variety of healthy fresh and frozen produce, meat and seafood, dairy and grain options – as you'd find in any major supermarket.
- Get recipe and accompanying ingredient lists that easily transfer to the shopping cart.
- Select substitutions during the ordering process in case some items are not available.
- Save and share favorite recipes to custom lists.
- Share recent carts with friends and family to easily shop with others.
- Conveniently view and purchase past orders.
- Available in more than 12 major metropolitan areas including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Austin and Atlanta.
- Offerings vary from store to store.
- Food prices may include a markup.
- Delivery fees apply though frequent customers can join an annual membership program to save.
- Recipes are from a variety of sources including food bloggers and may or may not be tested.
- No way to use coupons. The service is not designed for the budget shopper.
Kind of like having a supermarket in your back pocket, the Instacart app makes shopping for groceries from wherever you are quick and easy. Instacart is perfect for the time starved, money rich household but it can also help stock the kitchens of those who simply don’t like grocery shopping.