Synopsis of the App
Using a QR/barcode reader, the CTHRU Nutrition scanner app is designed to simplify the food decision making process.
2 out of 5
Platform and Price
Free. Apple, Android and Web
- Simple and user-friendly navigation.
- Filter products based on health concerns, allergies, intolerances and basic ingredient preferences.
- Uses allergy and sensitivity information to assist with decision making (smiley faces are used to indicate when a selected product does not contain your preset allergy or health concerns).
- Includes a shopping list, coupons and pricing information.
- Includes links to current nutrition news.
- Available via the website as well.
- Easily share finds via social media.
- Available in over 40 languages.
- Rate food products from poor to excellent and leave comments for the community.
- Limited product database.
- Must log in for key features like the CTHRU funnel and daily intake details.
- Noted spelling errors.
- Noted glitches in saving some preferences.
- Some foods are miscategorized. For example, a search for "cocoa" led to "Carolina rice brown rice."
- Calorie and other key product information is not available for several products.
A great idea in theory, the CTHRU Nutrition app has good bones and features. Unfortunately, this version of the app has some technical glitches that impair the user experience.