Synopsis of the App
DishPal is an image driven social network that allows users around the world to share photos of what they cook and eat.
- Simple and easy navigation.
- Easy sign up via Facebook eliminates the need to remember yet another password.
- Update Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr simultaneously with just one click.
- Easily categorize and describe images with “taste tags” that include course, country/region and descriptors such as light, sweet or refreshing.
- Interact with others via “parties,” which are virtual potlucks that allow you to share ideas and images around lunch or other meet ups.
- Publish a magazine to showcase your food experience in a specific category. Popular magazines include Grill Talk, The Sweet Tooth Fairy, Good Mornin’, and Japanese Food.
- Effortlessly locate dishes in your geographic area with just one click.
- FREE. Available in the Apple App store and Android Market.
- No advertisements.
- Critical mass not yet achieved.
- Many of the most active users are outside the United States, which presents a bit of a language barrier.
- Tags are somewhat limited.
DishPal is made for foodies, food bloggers and food photography connoisseurs. It doesn’t have a health focus but may encourage people to explore food from other cultures and stretch their idea of healthy eating from a global perspective.