RATING: 4.5 Stars
Pepperplate is a comprehensive cooking app. It allows you to save all of your recipes in one place and provides essential tools to plan menus, shop and cook. With it you can create menus, shopping lists, weekly or monthly meal plans and even use the app to monitor multiple cook times in the kitchen. Once synced, you can access your entire recipe collection, shopping lists and menus from any mobile device without an internet connection.
- No frills. Easy-to-use app.
- One-touch sharing via Twitter, Facebook or email.
- Syncs recipes, shopping lists, menu plans and timers wirelessly with mobile devices.
- All uploaded recipes, lists and menus are accessible from the app without internet access.
- Supports more than 20 popular recipe sites including AllRecipes.com, MyRecipes.com, Real Simple and Vegetarian Times.
- The Pepperplate “bookmarklet” makes importing recipes from popular sites a breeze in just one click. Recipes on non-supported sites are also easy to add with just a few extra steps.
- The scaling feature allows you to easily adjust ingredient amounts up or down. (Caution: This feature only changes the ingredients and shopping list amounts – not the cooking instructions.)
- For iPad users, Pepperplate allows you to cook a meal with multiple timers that can be monitored away from the kitchen on an iPhone or iPod.
- FREE. Available in the Apple App store and Android Market.
- The app directs you to the website for some tasks like adding menus.
- The app could be made more robust with a pantry list for easy inventory and the ability to import recipes from mobile web browsers using the bookmarklet.
Pepperplate is the most comprehensive recipe and cooking app I’ve seen. It’s perfect for the tech-savvy, home cook on the move! With it, you no longer have to bookmark recipes online, print recipes, find scratch paper for a shopping list or sketch your menu plans on a napkin. Pepperplate puts it all in the cloud. When you’re ready to cook, shop or plan dinner, everything is right at your fingertips (literally). This one is a definite keeper!
—Marisa Moore, MBA, RD