Synopsis of the App
The Workout Trainer app by Skimble offers thousands of multimedia workouts available on demand direct from your phone, tablet or computer
Platform and Price
Free Apple. Android
4 out of 5
- User-friendly interface – looks best on a tablet but works on the phone as well.
- Customize goals, set activity frequency targets and get reminders to workout.
- Wide range of workout categories with a variety of time commitments and levels of difficulty ranging from casual to intense.
- Videos are well-produced with clear narration and demonstrations in a clean white environment with minimal visual distractions.
- Pause workouts and save for later or share what you’re doing via social media.
- Easily search for workouts according to time, target area, equipment and difficulty.
- Not being challenged by the activity? Switch to harder or easier versions of workouts with just one tap. Narrator also gives tips on how to make moves more challenging.
- Follow and connect with other Skimble community members (an estimated 15 million exercisers) to learn and be encouraged by their workouts. The community leaderboard helps foster healthy competition.
- Very active community forum with peer-to-peer support groups that meet a variety of needs. Groups include the Welcome Wagon, Thirty Somethings, Fab 40’s and more.
- A seemingly endless range of workout categories from Tabata, Cardio, HITT, strength training and more capture exercisers at all levels from recent couch potato to advanced.
- Save sessions to play in offline mode.
- Connect to Apple TV using AirPlay so you can watch on a larger screen as desired.
- With an overwhelming number of workout options it’s hard to imagine why one would need to upgrade but pro but is available at $6.99/month.
- Advertisements on every page encourage users to upgrade to the pro version.
- The peer-to-peer support forum may not be the most reliable source of information. It gets concerning when members ask if they have an eating disorder, for example.
Workout Trainer removes excuses for fitting in a workout from home or a hotel on the other side of the world. With workouts from Rock Hard Abs to Detox Yoga Flow, there’s something for everyone in the Workout Trainer app.