Synopsis of the App
Dedicated to making food photography as beautiful and appetizing as possible, Foodie provides more than 26 food-themed filters, focus options and other tools. The app allows users to easily snap and share favorite food shots via social media. Once the novelty wears off, Foodie may not earn its place on users' phones, since many of its features already are offered by more robust camera apps.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android.
3 out of 5
- Simple design that's easy to use.
- Over 26 food-themed filters.
- Capture flat lay images with the best angle feature, which tells you when the camera is perfectly positioned to get the shot.
- Adjust brightness or use the flashlight feature for better photos in dark environments such as restaurants or poorly lit kitchens.
- Create professional-looking photos using the auto-blur feature to create a soft out-of-focus background.
- Take new photos or edit existing photos from your camera roll.
- Snap and share photos via social media channels Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Many of the filters yield overly saturated images that are unnatural in appearance.
- Features are not particularly unique to this app and may be obtained in others on the market.
If taking food photos is your thing, Foodie may be worth checking out. Download it if you happen to a little extra space on your phone. This first version of Foodie is light on features so some food photo fanatics may look to other apps for more functionality.