Platform and Price
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The Veggie Weekend starter app delivers a sampling of vegan and vegetarian recipes from cuisines throughout the world. Additional recipes are sold as in-app vegan recipe packs for $0.99
- Easy-to-navigate, image driven design
- Beautiful food photography entices users to try unique vegan and vegetarian meals like roasted figs, asparagus and walnut salad, sweet potato cupcakes with cashew nut cream and kale burgers.
- Uses fresh ingredients that are easy to find
- Symbols easily identify vegan and freezable recipes and estimated preparation time for easy browsing
- Recipes accessible with or without an internet connection
- Visually appealing egg timer with a quick tap from any recipe
- Preview images of the additional recipes available in the paid recipe packs
- Share recipes via Facebook, Twitter and email
- Only 18 vegan (or vegetarian) recipes in the free app
- No nutrient analysis information provided
- No shopping list or search function which are now standard in recipe apps
Though this starter app lacks an abundance of recipes, Veggie Weekend is worth a look for the curious cook. With enticing food photography and easy recipes, it’s likely to encourage the average user to add more plant based recipes to their plate.