Synopsis of the App
MakeMe uses social motivation to hold yourself accountable and provides a challenge-based approach to group coaching and training.
4 out of 5
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android
- Polished, user-friendly design.
- Simple daily action plans.
- Host a new challenge or join an existing one.
- Tap to confirm completion of each daily action.
- Hold yourself accountable with photos and location check-ins to prove you did it!
- Easily track your points from the MakerScore dashboard.
- Set challenge parameters specifying actions in a number of categories including community, creative, fitness, health, learning, productivity, "smell the roses" and more.
- Set the frequency and length of the challenge and the consequence for not completing it.
- Preset consequence options include everything from "no social media" to posting an embarrassing childhood photo on Facebook.
- Earn rescue and off-day cards by creating and actively participating in challenges.
- "Bump" your fellow challengers or teammates to show support.
- Get a unique challenge code to invite only the people you want to participate in the challenge.
- Customize notification options for app and email alerts and correspondence from others.
- Create public or private challenges – protected with a passcode.
- Easily track your current and upcoming challenges.
- Offers premium challenges — complete with detailed action plans and platform support — for a fee after a free 14-day trial.
- Limited discovery. No comprehensive way to search and discover current challenges.
- Minor glitch noted: the FAQs didn't load during testing in the iOS app.
MakeMe is an ideal app to lead or participate in group challenges for health, fitness and productivity goals. It encourages teamwork and accountability. RDNs can use it to facilitate a client support group; anyone can use it with friends and family to hold each other accountable.