Synopsis: FitOn is a fitness app with free exercise videos and personalized workout plans that can be accessed from any screen.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Well-designed and attractive app that’s easy to use.
- Opt for personalized fitness plans and challenges, plus meal plans in the PRO version, based on your age, height, weight and gender.
- Set goals to be more active, reduce stress, lose weight, stay toned, build muscle or work on pre- or postnatal fitness.
- Choose an amount of weekly workouts to keep you engaged from 5-10 to 30+ minutes each day. Start with a 4- or 12-week plan or choose an ongoing plan.
- Browse workouts by category, body part, length and intensity.
- Select your favorite class type from cardio to HITT, strength and toning, kickboxing, dance, stretch, yoga, strength, guided meditation and more.
- Start your workout plan and sync your calendar for compelling reminders to open the app and start moving.
- Includes a basics introductory class as part of onboarding.
- FitOn displays other class participants’ names to help you feel engaged as part of a group.
- Climb the live leaderboard based on your participation, share post-workout photos, track your progress and monitor your real-time heart rate when you connect with your device’s health app.
- Rate workouts and add to favorites for easy recall.
- Offers unlimited workouts from celebrity trainers such as Cassey Ho and Jeanette Jenkins and celebrities, including Julianne Hough, Gabrielle Union and Jonathan Van Ness.
- Sign up using Facebook, a Google account or your email address.
- Stream to your phone, laptop, tablet or TV device.
- Buy FitOn PRO for additional features including 500+ recipes, heart rate monitoring with Fitbit and Garmin, unlimited offline downloads, personalized meal plans, premium music options and live workout video calls with friends.
- You must sign in to access FitOn. The app may collect your health, fitness and usage data, diagnostics, contact information and other identifiers depending on the features you enable.
- Frequent full-screen video pop-up ads (that cannot be minimized) encourage users to buy FitOn PRO.
- Meal plans and recipes are only accessible in FitOn PRO.
- Some health tips come from uncredentialed celebrities, so it’s essential to check the source.
Bottom Line: Although you have to upgrade to FitOn PRO for recipes and meal plans, this app provides a large variety of high-quality classes to get you moving anytime, anywhere for free.