Synopsis: Loom is a video messaging service for work.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple, Android and Web.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Simple, minimalistic design.
- Record and instantly share video from your phone or computer.
- Create a demo, record a quick team update or simple presentation, or document a problem that others need to see. Then, send a link rather than a large video file to reduce the strain on bandwidth and wait time for downloading.
- Offers one-click screen recording and the options to include your voice or image.
- Share your Loom with a team to watch and interact with real-time comments and reactions.
- Clutter-free design helps you store and organize recordings in the Loom cloud. No more searching video downloads in the depths of your desktop folders.
- Includes clear instructions on making your first Loom, from recording the screen to microphone access and tips to avoid unwanted disruptions.
- Automatically creates a Loom library that can be accessed anywhere and includes videos recorded on desktop and mobile devices.
- The free mobile version works well for most light users.
- Loom is a simple screen and video recorder without a suite of elaborate editing tools.
Bottom Line: This video app is not about social media. Rather, Loom is a convenient tool for creating quick but necessary videos for the workplace.