Synopsis of the App: Nourishly is a content and tracking app to support general nutrition, as well as conditions such as Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, gastrointestinal conditions, cardiovascular health and post-op bariatric management.
Price and Platform: (Client-Focused version) Free. iOS and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Simple design that’s also HIPAA-compliant.
- Designed with input from registered dietitians, psychologists and researchers.
- With the whole person in mind (not a number on the scale), Nourishly offers tracking for meals, hunger and fullness, sleep, stress, mood, digestive symptoms and activity.
- Nourishly uses weekly “Missions” and check-ins that might include monitoring meals, eating breakfast or getting seven to nine hours of sleep. Create your own missions or choose from the Nourishly library.
- Offers 200+ skills to counter mental blockages, negative self-talk, anxiety and feeling unmotivated.
- Includes specialized meal plans to fit the user’s needs.
- Offers images and affirmations to help celebrate wins.
- Does not include any calorie counting nor advertising.
- Users can link with their registered dietitian, doctor, psychologist, personal trainer or other provider for feedback.
- Note: There is a separate app for registered dietitians and other clinicians to download.
- The design may feel a bit dated compared to other apps on the market.
Bottom Line: Nourishly is ideal for those seeking gentle nutrition support and a HIPAA-compliant way to connect with their health care provider.