Synopsis: The Pediatric Nutrition Guide puts the latest evidence-based guidance on childhood nutrition at your fingertips.
Price and Platform: Free with paid download. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- The app is fast and easy to use.
- Content is published and backed by the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Nutrition to provide the latest evidence-based content at your fingertips.
- The paid version of the app makes more than 50 chapters on pediatric nutrition easily searchable.
- Content includes information on acute and chronic illness, nutrient metabolism for normal growth and development, as well as information for pediatric patients with disorders. Users can access all supporting charts, tables and figures, and formularies to help inform and guide key clinical decisions throughout the workday.
- Access the table of contents as well as the main, image, table and flowchart indices with one tap from the home screen.
- Recall frequently or recently visited resources using the app’s history feature.
- Includes data on recent epidemiology with links to the latest literature.
- Save text or audio notes on pages within the guide.
- Accessible on desktop, tablet or mobile devices.
- Saying the app is free is a bit misleading. Users must pay $99.99 for lifetime device access to the majority of the content.
Bottom Line: The Pediatric Nutrition Guide is an essential resource for any pediatric nutrition practitioner in a clinical setting.