Synopsis of the App: Purity promises personalized diet management for those who have gout.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple only.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Easy-to-use app with a simple design.
- Quickly uncover total purine and uric acid amounts for specific foods in grams or ounces.
- Includes red, yellow and green coding to visually signal high, moderate or low purine levels in foods and totals for the day.
- Includes a variety of common ingredients, as well as popular fast foods.
- Though limited, Purity provides recommended “green” ingredients for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
- Set grams or ounces for reporting based on personal preference.
- Only available on iOS at the time of this review.
- Doesn’t appear to include a way to store purine counts from day to day.
- Doesn’t include in-depth details about managing gout, nor recipes to incorporate the recom-mended foods.
Bottom Line: Purity promises to provide personalized diet management for those who have gout. However, it’s more of a handy tool for calculating purine content in the moment — not tracking over time.