Synopsis: SideChef is a meal planning and grocery shopping app.
Price and Platform: Free with premium option. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Easy-to-use app with a wide variety of recipe options.
- Includes 18,000 step-by-step recipes that include images and videos for each cooking step, guiding users through the process with ease.
- SideChef includes recipes that meet a variety of dietary needs and preferences including vegan and vegetarian, low carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free and allergen-free.
- Easy to search by ingredient or filter by diet to discover recipes that work for your personal preferences.
- Includes tags for recipes that are easy, quick, healthy, great for beginners, entertaining or weeknight dinners, among others.
- Users can view community ratings and comments on each recipe.
- Get personalized daily recipe inspiration from the home screen.
- SideChef makes it easy to create grocery lists and use one-click grocery shopping via Walmart or Amazon Fresh.
- Users can link smart appliances in their home with the app to cook more than 2,000 smart recipes.
- Premium subscription is available for $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
- Recipes are obtained from a variety of sources including food bloggers and writers; therefore, not all are tested by the SideChef team.
- Image quality varies from recipe to recipe.
Bottom Line: SideChef is ideal for beginner cooks and anyone who wants personalized recipe recommendations and an easy way to shop for groceries in one place.