Synopsis of the App: Tangi is Google’s new short-form video app, packed with how-to videos that inspire users to learn and try new things.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple, Android, Web.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Easy to use with a simple and bright design.
- Social video sharing app with 60-second tutorials across several categories including art, beauty, cooking, decor, DIY and lifestyle.
- Easily pause, rewind and fast-forward videos to view tutorials at your own pace.
- Tap “Try It” to share a photo of your finished recipe or project using the tutorial.
- Easily bookmark videos to save for quick recall.
- Browse the “Try It” Gallery to see pictures of what the community has made and what works.
- Follow your favorite creators and build an audience of your own to share your best short DIY videos.
- Creators with more than 100 followers can post longer videos (up to two minutes).
- Video uploader includes plenty of details to make your content highly searchable.
- Potential traffic driver. Creators can include a clickable weblink to allow the viewer to quickly access a full recipe or blog post outside Tangi. This is a key differentiator compared to popular platforms such as Instagram and TikTok.
- Generate a QR Code or easily share videos via text and social platforms including Facebook.
- Quickly and seamlessly sign up with a Google login.
- At the time of this review, users must apply to become a Tangi creator or have an invitation code to create content.
- The video uploader can be slow.
- Compared to other social video apps, Tangi appears to have less content available.
Bottom Line: Currently a cross between TikTok and Pinterest, Tangi is ideal for creators and anyone seeking DIY in-spiration. If you already produce short-form videos, consider securing a username and watching how the app develops over time.