Platform and Price
Apple iPad only, free with in-app purchases beginning at $1.99 per recipe collection
Synopsis of the App
Delicion is an iPad only cooking app that offers collections of gluten, grain and soy-free recipes.
4 out of 5
- User-friendly design.
- Beautiful colors and appetizing food photography.
- Easily adapt recipes to meet additional dietary needs such as vegan and vegetarian, paleo, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and low carb.
- All recipes are reviewed by a registered dietitian who provides the nutrition facts and healthy tips regarding the recipes like what’s considered moderation.
- Step-by-step instructions with photos.
- Easily add notes to each recipe to personalize the experience.
- Easily scale recipes for a small or large group.
- With the exception of some unfamiliar ingredients like coconut aminos, recipes feature fresh and easy to find ingredients.
- Well integrated and accessible shopping list that can be organized by aisle or by recipe and shared via email.
- Recipes are categorized and themed with ideas for occasions such as brunch with friends, picnic anytime and BBQ Beyond Brats.
- App includes a free, fully functional collection of 6 recipes.
- Additional recipe collections are available and priced at $1.99 per collection.
- Recipe collections include staging tips to help start conversation and carry out the theme of the collection.
- Provides an equipment section that suggests basic kitchen equipment for the recipes and including pictures.
- iPad only.
- Limited recipes in free version.
- Serving sizes may not be based on typical portions or reference amounts customarily consumed. For example, a 1/8 cup serving is suggested for the Honey Nut Granola likely to keep calories in check.
- Nutrition facts exclude fiber data.
- Includes Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD®) and Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) diets specifications which may not be familiar to many using the app.
- No apparent way to save or share recipes or easily return to favorites.
Delicion is a winner for those seeking gluten, grain and soy free recipes and inspiration. With appetizing images and easy step-by-step instructions, Delicion makes eating with special diet needs a bit easier and fun.