Synopsis of the App
With fun and functional features, this lighthearted video-making app is a cinch to use. The in-app video camera allows users to apply special effects while shooting footage, create picture-in-picture videos and design slideshows from new or existing clips. Other editing functions include cartoonlike overlays, seasonal filters, onscreen text and free music. Produce videos specifically for Vine and Instagram length requirements, or opt for sharing on other social media platforms.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android
4 out of 5
- Simple, easy to use and whimsical design keeps all major controls within easy reach.
- Capture video footage with filters and effects applied as you record.
- More than 200 special effects including animated stickers, filters, seasonal themes, onscreen text and transition options — plus lenses.
- Speed up or slow down video footage as it's recorded.
- Enhance video footage with cartoon-like overlays such as falling leaves or create a retro effect by filming in black and white.
- Use the storyboarding feature to merge videos and create montages.
- Create a fun slideshow using existing photos and video footage.
- Download new seasonal filters and art to add to your videos.
- Create a soundtrack using free music from the app or your own music library.
- Save new videos and share via Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Vine and more.
- Join the international #VivaVideo community and potentially get featured on Instagram.
- Capture video in lengths designed especially for Vine and Instagram.
- Some content is branded with a VivaVideo logo.
Professionals will want to tone down the cartoon-like effects, but VivaVideo has a lot to offer. This lighthearted app is ideal for teens, but can be a good resource for anyone wanting to add animation, stickers, text and fun filters to video footage and share it via social media.