Synopsis of the App
The Recovery Record (RR) app is a self-monitoring app for people recovering from eating disorders and those with general eating and body image issues.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android.
5 out of 5
- The app is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and self-monitoring research.
- Personalize the app to support the recovery journey for any stage and type of disordered eating.
- The app’s home screen is designed with the desired for anonymity in mind – there are no requirements to surrender a name or email address to get stared.
- Log thoughts, feelings, behaviors, meals and snacks, and food photos directly from the home screen with no need to log in or share personal data like weight.
- Review logs and browse charts to uncover trends and gain insights on progress.
- Users can directly access eating disorder questionnaires and use the results to tailor the app to his or her specific needs.
- Privately save images, inspirational messages and more in the “Your Likes” section.
- Motivates users to log meals with the option to collect puzzle pieces and earn rewards.
- Customize the app to adjust the look and feel and to select preferred meal names, coping tactics and mechanisms, recovery goals, discreet reminders, photos and passcode options.
- Allows users to connect with their clinical team (doctor, dietitian, psychologist and others) to receive timely feedback and input on meals, thoughts, and other treatment issues.
- Access to the optional Recovery Record community where users can go through the recovery process with others – sharing feelings, challenges and more with no need to reveal real names.
- As it’s an electronic medium, some clients may resist using the app for fear of the information getting into the hands of others.
Record Recovery can be a valuable tool for patients at the right time in their journey – especially when used with a clinical team.