Matcha-Ginger Oatmeal Cups
With an energy kick and anti-inflammatory benefits, these oatmeal cups are portable for an on-the-go breakfast or snack during a hike or bike ride. Serve cold, at room temperature or reheated in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Insert baking liners into a 12-muffin tin, or grease lightly with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, ginger, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, matcha, baking powder and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk egg and add almond milk, applesauce, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add milk mixture to oat mixture, and stir to combine. Allow to rest for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with batter (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serves 12.
Serving size: 1 muffin
Calories: 207; Total fat: 6g; Saturated fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 118mg; Carbohydrate: 35g; Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 14g; Protein: 6g; Potassium: N/A; Phosphorus: N/A