Platform and Price
Free; Available via Apple App store
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The Ask the Nutritionist: Recipes for Fighting Cancer app was created by the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as a forum to ask nutrition questions and deliver recipes for staying healthy through cancer treatment and healthy eating throughout life.
- Sound cancer and nutrition information provided by registered dietitians using an evidence-based approach.
- Simple design that leads with healthy and appealing recipes that can be part of the optimal diet for any type of cancer.
- Over 100 recipes that range from main dishes to desserts and snacks. Recipes are updated monthly and the database is searchable by common symptoms like mouth sores and nausea or by special diet needs such as gluten-free or high fiber.
- Shopping list, nutrition tips and nutrient analysis provided for all recipes
- Option to quickly submit new questions to the team to answer via an email link.
- Recipes can be shared via email, Facebook or Twitter and saved to favorites for easy recall.
- The Q&A archive is categorized by popular topics but is not searchable. A search function here would be a welcome and useful addition.
Ask the Nutritionist: Recipes for Fighting Cancer is a handy and informative app for cancer survivors and anyone seeking credible nutrition information, healthy eating tips and recipes.