Platform and Price
Free; Available via Apple App Store and GooglePlay
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Created by Sanofi Diabetes, GoMeals is a food, activity and blood glucose tracker created to help people with diabetes make smart food choices and improve blood sugar levels.
- Attractive plate design prominently displays the calorie budget as it changes throughout the day and the percent change in carbs, protein and fat.
- Customizable daily food, activity and blood glucose goals.
- Includes 40,000 everyday foods and over 20,000 restaurant menu items.
- Activity tracker includes an extensive, alphabetized list of activities with varying levels of intensity.
- Optional free GoMeals account opens access to additional features including detailed blood glucose reports, cloud sync to back up data and data sharing across mobile devices.
- Option to share information with friends via Facebook and Twitter.
- Search and enter food and activity anywhere without Wi-Fi or Internet connection.
- No advertisements.
- The activity tracker doesn’t have a search function.
- Design only allows you to see if you’ve met your targets. It doesn’t provide suggestions for smarter, healthier choices as its description alludes.
- Restaurant locator doesn’t encourage healthier or diabetes friendly choices at the restaurant. This may be an opportunity for improvement.
GoMeals provides mobile diabetes management tools that will benefit anyone. While this app can’t replace the custom and essential guidance from an experienced registered dietitian nutritionist or certified diabetes educator, GoMeals is a good companion tool to help people with diabetes stay on track.