Platform and Price
$0.99: Apple and Android
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Before I Eat, Moment in the Zone provides a collection of audio sessions and other resources designed to encourage mindful eating.
- Starts with an app tutorial.
- Create a personal plan complete with reminders using the existing sessions and resources in the app.
- Introduces Think HALT-B: Hungry? Angry/Anxious? Lonely/sad? Tired? Bored?
- Offers tips to counter popular emotions that trigger emotional eating.
- Coached moments provide valuable insight and information.
- Daily journal section allows for easy tracking and identification of events leading to and following eating occasions such as what you were thinking, how you were feeling and how you ate.
- Progress is not just black and white. Goal achievement is measured on a scale from 1 to 5 stars.
- Track eating goals, future goals and general progress directly from the app.
- Library of sessions designed to work through eating urges, handle specific situations, handle outcomes and get guidance and motivation.
- Draw a random daily idea to use as a reward for meeting your goals. Reward ideas include 15 minutes of guilt free TV, $10 towards a vacation fund and the option to add your own rewards. Rewards can be used now or later.
- “Take 5” option provides a semi-structured way to collect your thoughts and relax or be inspired by random quotes.
- Graphics and fonts are uninspiring.
- Sessions and coaching moments are all audio with some as long as nine minutes – which may be too long for some to people to commit.
Before I Eat, Moment in the Zone may help those who struggle with emotional eating. With access only a few clicks away, this app can be the “panic button” you need to help control the urge to eat when you’re not really hungry.