Platform and Price
Free ($9.99 for pro features): Apple
5 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Fly lets you shoot and creatively edit videos directly from your iPhone.
- Simple and easy to use
- Edit like a real producer with options to cut and include shots from different “cameras.”
- Simply tap to start and stop video and sound recording and use a slider to adjust volume.
- Add split screen and picture in picture effects with a few taps of the screen.
- Swipe for special effects such as a dissolve transition.
- Put several devices to work and use the multi-cam feature to create multi-angle videos in just minutes.
- Customize and add preloaded or imported background music and voiceovers.
- Import, store and trim up to 100 clips in the clips editor.
- Easily share final videos to Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook or YouTube directly from the app.
- Save videos to the camera roll or email them with one click.
- Use the high quality image import/export option when top quality is a priority.
- Buy bundled essential pro features or select individual features as needed.
- Interactive tutorial takes you step by step through the basic and pro features available.
- New users get complimentary access to pro features to craft their first video.
- Most features work without an Internet connection.
- View other “fly” videos to inspire creativity.
- Videos are limited to 5 minutes. (Time limit is generous for most Internet videos though.)
- Limited to just 4 videos at a time in the editor.
- Available on Apple only for now.
Fly is a feature-rich video editing app that can help you produce interesting and professional looking videos without the price tag and complicated editing process. The basic app is pretty bare bones. It’s worth it to spring for the pro features to get the most from the app.