Synopsis of the App
Yummly is a digital recipe box that aims to make it easier for foodies to cook, eat and share the foods they love.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple, Android and Web
5 out of 5
- Pleasing aesthetic with large appetizing food photos.
- Detailed dietary preference options available for a customized experience including favorite cuisines, allergies, diet style and even disliked ingredients.
- Excellent search function encourages use of filters to drill down to the perfect dish. Search by holiday, cook time, technique and more.
- Get new blog and recipe recommendations based on your browsing and “yumming” habits.
- Enable location services for recipe recommendations based on what’s popular in your area.
- Create a dynamic smart shopping list to take to the store or get groceries delivered within an hour in select major cities via Instacart.
- Quickly save a serving of a recipe you made to your food journal in one click with seamless Apple Health app integration.
- Opt to see recipes only with images – turning off text-only ones.
- Easily switch between U.S. or metric measures.
- Share recipes with one click to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email and text message.
- Access your recipes from any mobile or desktop device.
- Available as a free app and website.
- Stumped for dinner ideas with a pantry of random groceries? Scan a grocery item like hoisin sauce to generate a list of recipes to use it up.
- Nutrition information is automatically calculated but is not always accurate.
- Establishing a branded business page requires an approval process that is not the most user- friendly.
Simply put, Yummly is a souped-up digital recipe box. Easily one of the most feature-rich digital recipe collection apps available, Yummly is an easy way to store your recipes in one place and discover new ones. For bloggers, Yummly may help increase content visibility. Add the Yum button to your site and watch the “yums” pile up.