Synopsis of the App
Doctor on Demand lets you virtually meet with a physician or psychologist from wherever you are.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple (iOS) and Android
4 out of 5
- User-friendly simple design and interface.
- Access doctors in medical, mental health, pregnancy and newborns and pediatrics.
- Systems and servers are designed to meet HIPAA, NIST and ISO security standards.
- Ask a free question after creating an account, which requires you to accept the terms, sign an informed consent and share your name, date of birth and email address.
- Available doctors treat a large number of conditions including urinary tract infections, allergies, cold and flu, sports injuries and skin issues and won’t treat cancer and chronic conditions that require regular visits to a doctor.
- Includes bios of the physicians available and a medical review board.
- Includes a symptom questionnaire to help guide the process including common symptoms and conditions like cough, sore throat, allergies, anxiety, depression or rash.
- Choose and connect to a board certified doctor in your state in minutes.
- Doctors are able to send prescriptions and refills to your preferred pharmacy.
- Comprehensive details on what to expect during a visit and pricing.
- Less expensive than a traditional doctor visit at just $49 per fifteen minute visit.
- Saves time, is reasonably priced, and makes healthcare accessible to anyone with an Internet connection and about fifty dollars.
- Accepts some medical insurance.
- Potential for technical difficulties and limitations.
- No expert touch. Because you don't get a physical exam, the doctor’s virtual assessment may or may not be adequate.
Doctor on Demand may come in handy for minor health concerns, prescription refills and more. Though it can make seeing a doctor convenient and efficient, telemedicine doesn’t take the place of visiting your doctor in person.