Oodles of thin noodles with a medley of veggies and a tangy broth make this one-pot dish so satisfying.
Serving size: 2 cups (490 grams)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ½ single-serve ramen noodle brick
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup diced bell peppers* (about ½ medium bell pepper)
- ½ cup shredded carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) lemon juice
- ½ cup sliced white button or cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- ½ teaspoon (3 milliliters) chili-garlic paste or Sriracha sauce
- ¼ teaspoon (1 milliliter) tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) peanut oil
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon crushed peanuts
- Boil 1 cup of water. In a heat-resistant bowl, pour water over ramen noodle brick and soak for 10 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Add vegetable oil and garlic to a large nonstick pan and cook over medium heat until you hear sizzling, about 30 seconds. Stir in bell peppers and carrots, incorporating well into the garlic-oil mixture. Cover and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir in lemon juice and continue to cook covered for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, zucchini, chili-garlic paste or Sriracha sauce and tamari soy sauce. Cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Push vegetable mixture to one side of pan and reposition pan so that vegetables are away from heat. Add ½ cup noodles to the heated side of the pan.
- Pour peanut oil over noodles and lightly pan-fry for 3 minutes. Reposition pan back to center over heat source. Add broth and brown sugar, stir and heat for another 2 minutes, or until broth has sufficiently warmed. Turn off heat. Stir in cilantro and top with crushed peanuts.
*Use a mixture of red, yellow and orange bell peppers to add color to the dish.
Nutrition Per Serving:
CALORIES 357; TOTAL FAT 18g; SAT. FAT 5g; CHOL. 5mg; SODIUM 830mg; CARB. 40g; FIBER 5g; SUGARS 11g; PROTEIN 11g; POTASSIUM 926mg; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition information for phosphorus in low-sodium chicken broth not available.