I absolutely love springtime in Michigan. I'm more than happy to say hello to warmer weather and goodbye to frigid winter days.
With spring's arrival I decided to do some spring cleaning in the pantry.
Unfortunately, I tend to buy too many spices for a particular recipe — and then end up never making the recipe. So when I browsed my cupboard, I came across plenty of unopened spices, including lemon peel. Although it's not particularly unique, I have never cooked with it. I decided to put it to good use and add it to one of my favorite spring vegetables: asparagus.
Besides the delicious flavor combination of lemon peel and feta cheese topping the asparagus, the best part about this recipe is that it takes about 5 minutes to prep and only 10 minutes to cook!
Roasted Asparagus with Feta Cheese
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a foil-lined baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Remove the hard ends off the asparagus. Add the asparagus in a single layer to the baking pan.
- Spray the asparagus generously with olive oil.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings and feta cheese on top of the asparagus.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Serves 6.