This recipe took me less than 5 minutes to prepare, and the result was a dish that’s simple, light and flavorful.
Yellow zucchini is so flexible in the kitchen and works well in stews, sautés and salads. For this recipe, I used a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. One serving of this Thai-inspired dish provides more than 70 percent of your vitamin C needs for the day, along with fiber and other important vitamins and minerals.
- 1 medium-sized yellow zucchini
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup kale
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté onions and garlic with sesame seed oil for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and soy sauce to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Add kale, and cook uncovered for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using.