Couscous becomes a salad when mixed with colorful vegetables and tossed in a lemon thyme vinaigrette.
SERVING SIZE: 1¼ cup (185 grams)
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup zucchini, diced (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced (about 1 small bell pepper)
- ¼ cup (50 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (25 milliliters) fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add cooked couscous, corn, tomatoes, zucchini and bell pepper and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or glass jar with lid, add olive oil, lemon juice, thyme leaves, salt and black pepper. Stir or shake until dressing ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and stir until evenly coated. Chill before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 214 calories, 13g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 3g sugar, 4g protein, 296mg potassium, 54mg phosphorus