Synopsis of the App: The Dario app is a personal diabetes management tool for tracking blood glucose levels in real-time.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Sleek, user-friendly, and cheerful design that’s easy to use.
- Large, easy-to-follow graphics show the percentage of blood glucose measures in range within the last 30 days.
- View the average blood glucose and the number of hypo and hyper measures at a glance from the home page.
- Track basal and bolus insulin doses.
- Enter additional data to help understand blood glucose trends including insulin dosages, meals and carbohydrate intake, mood, physical activity, weight, and special circumstances like travel, celebrations or vacation.
- Turn on GPS reception to automatically log the location of blood glucose measures.
- The logbook screen shows total carbohydrates consumed at meal times and the correlating blood glucose measure.
- Easily share logbook and charts via email with family or your healthcare team as a PDF or CSV file.
- Specify personal contacts to trigger an automatic hypo alert text message.
- Includes a guided tutorial to walk new users through the Dario app and how to use the meter including replacing lancets.
- The app only syncs with the Dario glucose meter for automatic blood glucose measure entry — all others must be entered manually.
Bottom Line: As long as you don’t mind transferring numbers from your glucose meter, the Dario app is a comprehensive app for managing diabetes. The clean and user-friendly design makes it a good pick for a variety of different users.