Synopsis of the App: Plann lets you draft, preview, design, schedule and prepare to post to Instagram from one all-inclusive app.
Price and Platform: Free. Android and Apple.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Easy-to-use design that puts the most important tools on the homepage of the app. Create a carousel, open the camera or pull content from Dropbox or Google Drive with one tap.
- Use 60+ image editing tools to adjust and filter posts to design the feed you desire.
- Draft captions and set a reminder when it’s time to post.
- Plan and schedule Instagram stories complete with text, overlays, frames and stickers.
- Manage multiple Instagram accounts from the app.
- Name and share hashtags groups among all managed Instagram accounts.
- Discover the best daily time to post based on results over the last 30 days and view swatches of your color palette based on the last 12 images in the performance tab.
- Create focus notes in the performance tab to keep track of weekly goals, view best type of content performance and see what you’re testing each week.
- Tap the “Repost” feature to search content via user name, hashtag or video.
- Free 5-day premium upgrade allows access to all features from the start without committing to a subscription.
- Stay current with growth tips every Tuesday.
- Get unlimited uploads and more insights with the $3/month plan.
- Requires a login to access any part of the app.
- Doesn’t detect and suggest hashtags based on content.
- Though it’s the case for all approved Instagram tools, you must go to the Instagram app to actually post.
Bottom Line: Plann stands out from other Instagram feed planners with its story planning, color palette capture and competitor analytics features. Though the basic version is a good start, at $3/month Plann Pro is a small investment that can make managing Instagram a lot easier.