Synopsis of the App: Reflectly calls itself the world’s first intelligent journal and a personal journaling companion designed to help you learn self-care and happiness.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Cheerful and welcoming app design that invites you to hang out for a bit.
- Uses positive psychology and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to help users overcome negative thoughts while building a habit of positive thinking.
- Cheerful mascot establishes an uplifting environment from the guided tutorial through your first story and throughout the journaling experience.
- Set the color theme to match your mood or personal style preference and personalize story images with stock imagery or photos from your phone.
- Filter journal entries using categories including work, social, travel and favorites.
- Easily rate your day on a sliding scale complete with expressive emojis.
- Offers “intelligent questions” driven by AI and your own personalized entries.
- Includes questions and prompts to encourage introspection and reflection such as “What happened today?” and “What’s the worst habit you have?”
- Track your progress and review weekly insights to help you grow.
- Enjoy personalized motivational content daily including challenges and quotes.
- Includes a 7-day free trial. Purchase the premium version for unlimited journal entries, new daily questions, morning moments for motivation and advanced statistics and insights, as well as a touch passcode lock for added security.
- It’s not clear whether the writers are credentialed in the science of psychology.
- Some response fields are limited, putting a cap on how much detail users can add.
Bottom Line: Ideal for anyone interested in growth and self-development, Reflectly offers a convenient and encouraging space to record and reflect upon the day.