Synopsis of the App: Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock analyzes your sleep and gently wakes you in the lightest sleep phase.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Dark mode throughout the app puts the user in sleep mode.
- Uses the phone’s built-in microphone or accelerometer to analyze movement.
- Tap twice or pick up the phone to snooze the alarm.
- Wake up gently in a window versus one set time.
- Decide to wake to a vibration or choose from a variety of soothing sounds including warm breeze and sunrise.
- Enable intelligent snooze to snooze until the end of your wake up phase.
- View and track sleep graphs and analyses starting after the first night of sleep.
- Sleep times and duration and graphs include data on wake times, as well as, when you enter deep sleep.
- Alter and set weekend wake times.
- Premium members gain access to additional sounds, charts, snore data and sleep quality inputs like daily steps, heart rate, working out, tea drinking, weather, and moon data.
- App syncs with the Runkeeper app.
- Must keep the phone in or near the bed for the analysis to work.
- Allowing access to your phone’s microphone may bring up privacy concerns. However, though the app makers promise not to share sound data and offer an alternative method to analyze sleep.
- 1 month free, then $29.99/year.
Bottom Line: Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock turns your phone into a sleep-analyzing tool. It’s ideal for anyone who wants to learn more about and improve their sleep quality.