Juicy shrimp with a hint of spice make a tasty lunch, potluck dinner or weeknight meal. Serve this protein-packed dish hot or chilled.
SERVING SIZE: 4 shrimp (115 grams)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 large shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt. Toast for 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add butter and allow to melt completely.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 minute on each side until flesh is opaque. Turn off heat.
- Add lemon juice and zest. Swirl the pan until shrimp are evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve chilled.
Nutrition per serving: 108 calories, 1g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 185mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 23g protein, 322mg potassium, 247mg phosphorus